Viewbank Solar Farm will be located approximately 5 kilometres east of Stanhope and approximately 30 kilometres west of Shepparton. The site is located within Greater Shepparton City Council Area.
The site covers approximately 217 hectares of private rural land currently used for crops and grazing. The choice of this location for the solar farm is driven by a combination of:
- Excellent solar irradiation
- Low level of environmental impact – the site has been largely cleared and heavily disturbed by previous cultivation and cropping
- Level terrain for cost effective construction
- Ideal location on the national electricity grid for exporting the solar farm’s electricity into the existing network.
- Excellent access to local and major roads
FRV have prepared technical, planning, heritage, and environmental assessments for the site.
The project will be built on private land.
The project has been designed to fit the available land and to maximize the facility’s energy generation capacity and energy yield.
The solar farm layout has been specifically designed to avoid disturbing Aboriginal Cultural sensitivity areas.
Land zoning will not change as solar farms are a compatible activity for development within this zone.
Additional lots are not being sought at this time. The project has been appropriately sized to match estimated electricity grid capacity in the local area.